What is Social media marketing?
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service and connect with your audience to build your brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic.
What is the social media strategy
A social media strategy is a summary of everything you plan to do and hope to achieve on social media. It guides your actions and lets you know whether you’re succeeding or failing.
What is a social media calendar?
A social media calendar is an overview of your upcoming social media posts. It can be organized in the form of a spreadsheet, Google calendar, or interactive dashboard (if you’re using a social media management app).
Each entry in a social media calendar usually includes some combination of these elements:
- The exact date and time the post is going live
- The social network and account where the post will be published
- The post’s copy and creative assets (i.e. photos or videos)
- Links and tags to be included in the post
- Any additional relevant information (e.g. is this an Instagram feed post or a Story?)
Depending on the scope of your social media strategy, your social media calendar can include one or many social networks.